Thursday 24 February 2011

Scarlett's easy peesy project

The sun is finally shining which means 'SPRING CLEAN'! All the windows have been thrown open and the house is getting an airing. The washing is on the line and I've been running round like a mad woman cleaning while my son has been having a nap (he must have known as his nap was especially long this morning!).

I've also found a stash of baby food jars I couldn't bear to be send to the recycling pit as they are so cute!  My friend also saves me these little jars as I said I will find a use for them. Well I got a bit crafty today (only a little bit mind) and I found such an easy way of transforming them....all with the help of E-Z rub on transfers (which have also been knocking about in my craft box).

The results:
These little cuties are going to be used as either tea light holders or I'm going to use them as mini posey jars (when my garden decided to flower). They will also look really lovely on a dressing table to hold bits and bobs.
One little tip I've found is that if you are having problem removing the glue from the jars left over from the label - rub with baby oil and it comes off really easily!  You can also add a fabric top to the jar to make a cute storage pot:
This was just a scrap of Cath Kidston fabric I had left over used for the photo but it will need to be neatened up a bit :o)

Now on the recommendation of Jem at Beautiful Clutter I'm going to also enter into the Teacup Thursday over at Miss Spensers blog:

Here's a tea cup from a set I picked up about a few weeks ago:


Its made by Duchess Bone China and it has the most beautiful pale pink rose design, I was lucky enough to get a whole set!

Also linking up to Transformation Thursday at the shabby chic cottage and Paisleypassions Thrilling Thursday

Happy Thursday all.

Scarlett x

13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous way of giving life to old jars, Scarlett! So many uses too!

    Glad you've decided to join the tea party :-D

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job with those jars!! Love the china, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great make! Where do you get those transfers from............I'd like some of those!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jars look fab, I can just see them now with delicate flowers in.

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jars are so pretty. Those rub on looks like they were hand painted. Lovely tea cup too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little jars are just so pretty! i adore them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cute, I use old vintage decals on glass jars too but none as sweet as these.They will look great holding little tea lights in the summer.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. the jars are sooo pretty. thanks for the lovely blog comment. I love you're blogg name...Scarlet Fontaine...it's so glam! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely jars!! a great idea!! thanks for the tip on getting rid the glue with baby oil, i love the look on the jars now with e-z floral rub on and your teacup is as lovely as usual! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little jars there so pretty, have a lovely weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey - clever idea, I love it! [Know what you mean about the teacup candles, I have a stash as birthday gifts but gave loads out at Christmas!]

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love old jars, and I think I have some transfers out in my attic. Or at least I used to. Thanks for the idea. I too thought yours were hand painted until you told us about the transfers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to get some of those transfers. The jars are super cute! I found you through Debbiedoo's and am now a follower. I would love for you to come check out my blog as well!

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment after the beep....
beeeeeeeeeeep!